If you want to do any basic level of cooking you will need a few things, but with this list, you will be set to cover a high variety of meals. Having these cupboard necessities will save you plenty of time and money and using them will greatly enhance your ability to cook.
Even the most basic of chefs will need these in there cupboards.
- Salt – preferably salt you can crush with your fingers or grind up in a mill.
- Pepper – regular black pepper in a mill is perfect.
- Olive oil – extra virgin is recommended.
- Sugar – 90% of the time granulated is all you’ll need.
- Plain flour
Herbs and Spices:
Make sure you have these herbs and spices if you want to make the next step into cooking, enhancing and livening the flavour of your meals.
- Oregano – could be replaced with Italian herbs if you’d rather.
- Ground cumin
- Ground ginger
- Curry leaves
- Bay leaves
- Cayenne pepper
- Chilli powder
- Garam Masala
Here are just a few other things that will help you gain knowledge and experience in the kitchen and save you time when following recipes.
- Stock cubes – chicken, beef and vegetable
- White wine vinegar
- Soy sauce
- Worcester sauce (optional)
Get all these in your cupboard and you’re set to start your life as a great cook.