Time: 15 mins
The perfect late breakfast or early afternoon meal to start your later than usual day with a delicious and healthy kick of energy. This dish can be customised, by exchanging some of the ingredients, so feel free to replace things with similar alternatives. This is no average brunch, give it a go and you’ll taste why.
- 2 Slices of brown seeded bread
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Rashers of bacon
- 2 Medium/large eggs
- To start with get all the ingredients that you need, out and ready to use.
- Fill a small saucepan halfway with water and put it on a high heat top bring to boil.
- Whilst you wait for the water to heat up, lightly oil a medium sized frying pan and begin to fry your two rashers of bacon on a medium heat. Season both sides with pepper, bacon doesn’t need extra salt.
- Let your bacon continue to cook and chop your avocado in half, remove the stone, then chop each half again again into quarters and peel off the skin. Now thinly slice your peeled avocado into about 16 slices total.
- Keep turning over your bacon every few mins until crispy, then remove from heat.
- Now place your two slices of bread into the toaster, and turn your boiling water down to a medium heat and begin to poach your eggs one at a time (its easier if you add a teaspoon of white wine vinegar before you poach).
- By now your toast should be done, take it out, butter it and lay on your avocado to build the foundations of this meal.
- Now you can lay your crispy bacon on top of your avocado and then just add a poached egg to each, season with salt and pepper, then dig in.
What will this meal cost you? Lets take a look:
- 1 small pack of bacon (6-8 rashers) – £1.20
- 1 Pack of free range eggs – £0.89
- 1 Avocado – £0.85
- 1 small loaf of Hovis granary bread – £0.85
Total estimated cost – £3.79